Hi there, I’m so glad you could make it! This page is designed just for you so we can make sure that you have all the pieces of the puzzle before we get started; because it is going to be an amazing journey! Please take the time to read carefully, and if you still have questions, just let me know! Looking for a list of services? Try looking here!
So you can enjoy your full session, I ask that you arrive on time. Unfortunately, arriving late to a session will shorten the time we’ll have together and still require full payment of services. Click here to read the full cancellation policy.
The client intake is the most important part of your consultation. This is where we’ll delve into what’s harming you physically, spiritually, and emotionally. In order to select the proper therapy and herbs for you, I’ll need to know many things, and some of them can be a little embarrassing! You’ll first fill out a form that will ask you many questions from physical to emotional concerns. Herbs can help with all of these, but honest answers, no matter how revealing, are of the utmost importance to getting you to the finish line of your goals. If you are receiving reflexology only, a short intake form will be given to you during your session. You do not need to fill out the consultation form online.
If you are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant, please let me know! Maternity and Fertility Reflexology is offered in conjunction with herbs and will require more client intake forms and time to understand your situation. Also, there are a list of herbs that are contraindicated during pregnancy, so if you think you many be pregnant, or are trying to become pregnant, it’s very important to let me know! Herbs may not be suitable for you during this special time.
What to Wear
Wear loose and comfortable clothing, making sure for foot reflexology the pants can be pushed comfortably above the knee. It’s best leave jewelry at home if getting hand or facial reflexology. Many people are so relaxed they’ll forget it! Clients that may receive facial reflexology during your herbal session, please be aware that makeup may be affected.
I ask that your cell phone be turned off during each session unless you have extenuating circumstances. I want you to be able to focus on the concerns and goals you have at hand.
Flow of Sessions
- On your first session, I will have with me the client intake form you filled out online. I may have more clarifying questions for you, so be prepared to talk about medical history, lifestyle, and emotional patterns, after all this is about you!
- When we’ve reviewed your history I will take a pulse and tongue assessment. It’s best not to scrape the tongue, or to drink coffee or colored drinks 1-2 hours before your session. Here’s a list of other therapies and testing which may be done during your session:
- Hand, Foot, or Facial Reflexology
- Muscle Testing
- Amethyst Infrared BioMat
- When the session is complete, please be aware that getting up timely is appropriate as there may be another client waiting for their appointment. I love answering your questions after a session and take each one seriously. Sometimes there may not be time to answer them in the depth that I would like. You can always send me an email at HappyHomeHerbals@Gmail.Com. Please note that I do not use texting as a means of communication.
- At the end of your session, I will give you any literature I have available for your current goals. This may be tips for sleep, information about any physical patterns I see, and lifestyle advice. In 1-2 days you will receive a full report of recommendations including most of the following:
- Herbal recommendations (liquid extracts, teas, capsules, etc)
- Self-Help techniques
- Lifestyle & Dietary recommendations
- Nutritional recommendations
I order herbs through vendors who I’ve thoroughly researched and trust. I use organic sources where available and ethically wildcrafted botanicals. Your herbs will arrive up to 1 week after your session and will vary in cost depending on which plan you wish to follow. Herbs can be picked up at Happy Home Herbals upon their arrival.
- Now you can decide to schedule a follow up session! I recommend one follow up session three weeks after you begin taking your herbs. We’ll retest and evaluate how your body is responding to herbs, if this plan is working for your lifestyle, and if any changes need to be remade.
Contraindications for Herbs and Reflexology
Certain medications and conditions interact differently with some herbs. It is important to list all medications you are taking to ensure that there will be no possibility of reactions.
Although Reflexology is safe, there are times when one should avoid working certain parts of the foot. The following list is from the American Reflexology Certification Board (ARCB) standards. Some of these contraindications include, but are not limited to working directly on the following:
- Severe psoriasis or eczema
- Severe varicose veins i.e. phlebitis (may increase pressure of blood to veins)
- Any form of infection, disease or fever (can make client feel worse and spread infection to the therapist)
- Open skin, rashes, burns, fracture
- Athletes Foot
- ANY type of foot fungus or infection
- After an organ transplant until a release is obtained from the physician
Ready to schedule, click here!
Looking for more information about services, click here!